[Soc-coordination] Google SoC Mentor Summit (fwd)

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Sep 26 12:40:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:09:38PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>So, do any of the mentors fancy going to represent Debian? Google will
>cover travel expenses etc. for up to 2 people for the meeting on
>Saturday the 14th of October. It'd be good if somebody (or 2) goes
>along, to help discuss the program.
>
>As it's quite short notice, we need to work out quickly who's
>going. If *nobody* else can, I'm willing to go, but it'll be the 3rd
>weekend in a row that I'll be travelling out of the UK. Some sleep at
>some point would be nice...!
>
>Details are to be found under the link below if you haven't already
>taken a look...

Replying to myself to summarise:

  I *could* go, but it'll be a PITA to be honest - 36ish hours on a
  plane for an 8-hour meeting. Plus I already have plans for that
  weekend that I'd rather not have to re-arrange if possible.

  Petter won't go

  Aigars would, but doubts he'd get a visa in time

  Daniel would like to, but is not sure he'd be the right person as
  his student was a failure

  Erich would like to go, but isn't sure he'd be useful and is also
  bothered about the long-distance flight

  Don is quite local, but busy

  Andreas doesn't want to

  AJ says "i possibly could, but think i'd prefer not to"

  I've not heard from Colin (but his student dropped out too)

  Raphael doesn't want to go, and thinks "flying to the USA for one
  day is like insane"

As it stands, *my* favourite choice would be Don and Erich if they're
ready and able to go. Guys, can you do it?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt