[Soc-coordination] OVAL Agent - Status report

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Sun Jul 15 20:14:37 UTC 2007

  Hi there,

  Now i can publish my project status report. My SoC project have 3 main
goal:

- Write OVAL definitions generator
- Modify OVAL interpreter to work with deb-based distributives
- Write OVAL Agent and OVAL Server for automatic management security status
of huge Debian network or clusters.

  At this point i have fully implemented definitions generator. It handle
full Debian dsa archive and produce OVAL definitions XML, that pass OVAL
validation. Currently i have some additional suggestion from OVAL developers
ans some plans on refactoring and optimize source code.

  Second goal is partially implemented. We have working OVAL interpreter
which proper handles simple OVAL definitions. Now i work on implementing
support for architecture and debian-release test. After this i will work on
testing and packaging task. Also  i have contacts with OVAL developers and i
hope that my changes would merged in next OVAL Interpreter release.

  And i plan to finish my second goal in the nearest week.
--
Pavel Vinogradov