[Soc-coordination] OVAL project - preFinal report

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Sat Sep 1 07:59:55 UTC 2007

  Currently i have very limited Internet access from local Internet club,
therefore i make very general report about my SoC project.

  OVAL project have several goals:
Implement DSA to OVAL definition conventor
Adaptation of official OVAL interpreter to work with DPKG
Develop oval-server and oval-agent to distribute OVAL definitions to agents,
evaluate them and send result back to server
Develop oval-monitor tool to generate reports, based on evaluation results
from agents.

  At current moment adapted ovaldi package in unstable and wait 10 days for
move in testing.
  Packages for oval-agent and oval-server in progress, but with latest
patches seems - fine, but not ready yet to upload in new.
  DSA to OVAL conventor is ready and currently included in oval-server
package.
  Oval-monitor in heavy development and currently don't match proposal
requirement. At the current time we have simply command-line reporter and
now developed GTK frontend for monitor.

  Currently, this all what i can write for report. More detailed report i
will write on 15 September when back to home.
--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Linux Developer