[Soc-coordination] Nearly at the end of student application time

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Mon Apr 7 07:39:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:15:21PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>  * Then, start ranking the applications based on:

A comment on this and a proposal for a best practice. Last year the
ranking web interface enabled people to rank the same application
several time, and the votes were cumulative. Some mentors did rank
several times an application, some didn't. I understand that, at the end
of the ranking process, we might want to do that to push up/down the
applications we really care about, but this can't be a general practice
to avoid anarchical rankings.

I hereby propose to refrain from ranking several times the same
application, and postpone only to the end of the ranking phase the push
up / push down practice.  As a bonus, I also propose that only the
admins will, if needed, re-rank applications and only at the very end.

So maybe we can fix an internal deadline a few days before the official
ranking deadline to gather all reviews?

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/