[Soc-coordination] Nearly at the end of student application time

Charles Plessy charles-debian-nospam at plessy.org
Tue Apr 8 01:23:09 UTC 2008

Le Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:15:21PM +0100, Steve McIntyre a écrit :
> [ Targeted at mentors here. Nothing particularly confidential, but not
>   something the students can really help with... :-) ]
>
>    + Whether or not we have a suitable mentor. That shouldn't be a
>      problem for almost *any* project, to be honest, but it's worth
>      considering. If you could be a good mentor (due to skills,
>      interest or both) for a particular project, please mail the list
>      here and let us know.

Hi all,

I am willing to mentor the "Biological databases manager". For the other
projects, I think that actually the students would be good mentors for
me ;)

> We currently have 46 applications listed at [1], which is quite a lot
> fewer than this time last year. It should not be too hard for mentors
> to run through those and leave comments.

For the moment, I have looked at the three "Biological databases
manager" applications, and I think that only one is much stronger than
others, so it probably does not make sense to invest time in
fine-ranking the two others. Ar there similar cases for other projects?
If we concentrate on the ones for which a mentor has already
volunteered, we can have more rankings per candidate.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles