[Soc-coordination] Applications and mentoring

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at debian.org
Fri Apr 11 05:28:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

        I am willing to mentor (by myself, or jointly)  mentor the
 following projects:
|-----------------------------------------------+------------------|
| Project Name                                  | Applicant        |
|-----------------------------------------------+------------------|
| Merging of configuration files during updates | Max Wiehle       |
| Porting MergeMaster to Debian/GNU system.     | Alexey Mikhailov |
|-----------------------------------------------+------------------|

        Both of these propose to add merging functionality directly into
 ucf and dpkg conffile handlers. While I am somewhat rusty with dpkg, I
 do have a modicum of understanding about ucf :-)

        Since these projects talk about merging configuration files
 during upgrades, several different policy directives are in play, and
 again, I think  I think I'll be able to help out in the area of policy
 compliance (without which these projects will be non-starters for
 Debian proper.

        manoj
--
"I speak better English than this villain Bush" - Iraqi Information
Minister