[Soc-coordination] Status update for Debian in SoC 2008

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt marc at marcbrockschmidt.de
Sat Apr 12 10:55:34 UTC 2008

Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com> writes:
> The student application deadline has passed (as of 7th April). This
> year, we received 53 eligible applications and 10 ineligible. We also
> saw quite a large number (maybe 30 or so, I don't have exact figures)
> that were just nothing to do with Debian - we assigned those to
> Google, as requested. We've now had several mentors work their way
> through the list of eligible applications, adding their comments and
> scores as appropriate.  There is still some time remaining for more
> mentor reviews - please help out if you can!

At this point, I would like to ask people to review the Ultimate Debian
DB proposals if they haven't done so yet. I consider the project to be
very important, but all of the relevant proposals have a relatively low
score (due to few reviewers). I've decided to not add a score to any of
them, as one of the proponents is my flatmate, but that doesn't change
that I consider the project in itself to be something that should be
funded in this GSoC run.

Anyway, while I'm at it, I could also say that a few more people
should have a look at the proposals to work on lintian :-)

Thanks,
Marc
--
BOFH #362: