[Soc-coordination] Status update for Debian in SoC 2008

Charles Plessy charles-debian-nospam at plessy.org
Sun Apr 13 12:14:25 UTC 2008

Hi Erich,

Le Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 01:20:30PM +0200, Erich Schubert a écrit :
> > > we can currently easily tweak
> > > the results in the final rankings after internal discussion without
> > > having to fight some ranking system.
> >
> > I am really sorry that I gave you the impression that I wanted to fight,
> > and will not bother you with suggestions anmore.
>
> You didn't; you misunderstood my email.

Wow, I saw a "for" word where there was not :( Sorry for this, I am
sometimes too negative.

> It's just that the Google ranking method by no means will return a fair
> ranking

Exactly. Indeed, after sending my suggestion I started to think that
using mean instead of sum would not change things for proposals that
secured their position in the top nor for the ones that are at the
bottom, and that any ranking is usually completely arbitrary near the
cutoff anyway.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles