[Soc-coordination] Update: provisional number of slots is *still* 10

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Tue Apr 15 06:10:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 14/04/08 at 02:51 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >  + Good design (no NIH, uses available resources, clean design)
> >  + Clear set of fine grained tasks
> >  + Estimation of time required for tasks
> >  + time line and milestones
>
> Applicants are students, sometimes quite young. They are not
> engineers. You can't expect them to provide a perfect design at this
> stage, especially if the student isn't a Debian developer yet.

Absolutely, but that's one of the reasons why we should make the
decision metrics public, so that they're aware of the kind of things
that real engineers and developers are expecting. A perfect
application would have all of these things, and while requiring
perfection is unreasonable, we should reward students which come
closest to acheiving it.

Don Armstrong

--
Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read
during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I