[Soc-coordination] How's it going? [debexpo]

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Mon Jun 9 11:56:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 02:15:46PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:
>Hi, Steve...
>
>On Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Things are awfully quiet out there in Debian SoC land...
>
>Indeed. :)
>
>> Things to do, if not done already:
>>
>>  * set up projects / sub-projects under the SoC project on alioth
>
>I've applied to become a member of the "soc" project on alioth. Perhaps
>that allows me to set up our project as a sub-project there (I'm not
>Alioth guru).

People should be able to use svn now:

  svn co svn+ssh://<user>@svn.debian.org/svn/soc

will check out the entire soc repository, using alioth username
<user>. If you need alioth access to the soc project, please mail the
admins and/or ask for access via the web interface at

  https://alioth.debian.org/projects/soc/

>>  * start sending status reports in
>
>I don't have a formal status report. But so far I can say that "my" student
>(Jonny Lamb) has finished working on a detailed concept with milestones
>what he intends to accomplish in what order. We use a Trac to track the
>progress during the project: http://debexpo.workaround.org/trac/roadmap
>
>He started a few days late because he had a final exam to get done.

Cool, no problem.

>Actually I'm unsure what formal stuff I have to do as a mentor. I think
>that Leslie Hawthorn said there will be more information on what mentors
>are required to report soon. So I'm mainly waiting for that and trying to
>support Jonny.

Formally, mentors need to do two detailed reports for Google. For
Debian, we want to see a simple report every week or two. Mail to the
list, a blog post that you point us at, whatever - we just want to see
that things are going OK.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?