[Soc-coordination] SoC: Final summarys for a press release, please! (debexpo)

Christoph Haas haas at debian.org
Tue Sep 30 11:48:46 UTC 2008

On Dienstag, 30. September 2008, Erich Schubert wrote:
> We'd like to prepare a press release about the Summer of Code results.
> This would give both your actual project and the Debian participation
> in the Summer of Code some extra exposure.
>
> I'd ask you to write a few sentences about your project and what you
> achieved during the summer of code. Not too much - ideally we would get
> such a summary from all 11 projects - but just a few sentences for those
> who were not involved. Both the student or the mentor can do that.

"Jonny Lamb developed a user-friendly package repository software
called 'debexpo' [0]. It is a web-based application with social
interaction and automatic quality checking in mind. It will help package
maintainers to find sponsors to upload their packages into Debian. And it
comes with a number of QA plugins to measure the quality of the uploaded
packages. debexpo allows everybody to run a website providing source and
binary packages with little hassle. mentors.debian.net will soon migrate
to the debexpo software.

[0] http://debexpo.workaround.org"

T'is okay?

 Christoph