[Soc-coordination] Google Summer of Code 2009: Debian's Shortlist

Aigars Mahinovs aigarius at debian.org
Fri Apr 10 09:41:10 UTC 2009

2009/4/10 Mike Hommey <mh at glandium.org>:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:59:49AM +0200, Andreas Barth <aba at not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>> * Lucas Nussbaum (lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net) [090410 10:30]:
>> >
>> > I'm a bit puzzled by this. Philipp has been involved in Debian and a DD
>> > for years. He is already involved in buildd management.
>> >
>> > That proposal totally looks like he will get paid to work on things he
>> > already does in Debian.
>>
>> I'd assume that Phil won't do the rewrite otherwise (which is a real
>> pain).
>
> GSoC is not supposed to be about getting things done, but about getting
> new people involved.

If you read the FAQ, the first goal listed actually is getting things
done and creating new and useful free software code. The other 4 are
about involving new people. I would consider 1-2 DD projects quite
appropriate out of 10-12 projects total.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius at debian.org
 | .''`.    Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)            |
 | : :' :   Latvian Open Source Assoc. (http://www.laka.lv)     |
 | `. `'    Linux Administration and Free Software Consulting   |
 |   `-                                 (http://www.aiteki.com) |