[Soc-coordination] Applying for improving Aptitude packages query utilities

Sha Liu sandyleo26 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 07:25:00 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

first, my congratulation to debian into GSoC again.

I'm a graduate student and interested in the suggested project "Aptitude
packages query UI and language". I myself is a frequent Aptitude user
although most use are related to basic functions of Aptitude. I've written a
small viewer used to visualize the routing and resource used in FPGA using
MFC(under VC2003)  However, I see from the Required skills that GTK+ is
listed. I know a little about GTK+ but never written program using it. Does
this mean I'm not qualified for this project as a applicant? And there are 3
projects about extension or enhancement to Aptitude, might it be possible to
combine other projects a little because the UI may need to reflect the
changes to Aptitude(like highlighting or history tracking)?

--

Sha Liu