[Soc-coordination] GSOC: Student

mohit soni mohitsoni1989 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 07:55:25 UTC 2009

Hi

I am Mohit Soni, I am a computer science engineering student from VIT
University, India, currently studying in IIIrd year.

I have a project proposal that fits under performance improvements.

My project name is *"Tux-In-Cache". *In a nutshell:

*Tux-In-Cache* is an intelligent application for GNU/Linux platform that
will enable swift launching of applications by *pre-caching* user's favorite
applications(determined by monitoring the application usage habits of user)
in a *RAM* based swap device during system boot and then manages the cache
intelligently during system uptime to meet user needs. It works on a
probability model, and predicts which application a user might use at a
particular time of day and modifies the RAM cache accordingly.

The following are my few recent achievements:

   1. Got selected in the finals of Google Product Prodigy. My team name is
   2 Smart 2 Curious and product name is Flare. I'm working in a team of three
   to make an intitutive WebOS. You can check out following link for more
   details http://www.google.co.in/intl/en/productprodigy/finalists.html

I'll be submitting my proposal under Debian today.

*Technical qualifications:* Proficient in C, C++, Java, Python. Knowledge of
Linux module programming and Linux kernel development. Familier with OpenMP
and Intel Threaded Building Block library.

I hope you'll find Tux-In-Cache as an prospective application that will be
definitely helpful for users, once implemented. Also, I hope I possess the
required skill to pursue Tux-In-Cache with Debian during Google Summer of
Code.

Looking forward for a positive reply.

Thanks

Regards