[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] KDE4/Qt4 based package manager

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Sun Mar 29 20:24:11 UTC 2009

Mateusz 'Matthew' Marek a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would be interested in making KDE4/Qt4 based package manager. I am
Good![0]

> synaptic or shaman (from Chakra). I think that aptitude-gtk and adept
> are not userfriendly. Using these applications was quite difficult for
Heartfelt thank yous! (I'm the guy responsible for aptitude-gtk.. :D )

> me. This kind of program is aimed at beginners, so we must make
> everything to try make package installing with this tool as simple as
> possible.
We can certainly discuss how you'd like to position your package manager.

> That's why I think the best way to make Qt4 based package manager is
> make it from scratch.
Are you sure you can make a graphical package manager in one summer,
from scratch ?
We believe the current best approach would be to finish adept-3, with of
course the modifications that you would like to bring in but we're open
to any suggestions.

Please come talk to us on IRC at #debian-soc on irc.debian.org and visit
the GSoC wiki page[1]. You don't have much time left to prepare your
proposal: the deadline is April 3rd.

Also, please note that debian-devel at lists.debian.org is the general
development mailing-list. For Summer of Code related discussions, please
rather use soc-coordination at lists.alioth.debian.org [2].

Cheers

Arthur

[0] <http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager>