[Soc-coordination] Mentor Summit on 23-24th Oct 2010

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Sat Aug 28 09:44:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:58:38AM +0200, Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
> The only requirement is that whoever will go will take time after the
> summit to write a blog post for those who didn't go :)

Let's be even bolder than that! :)

I hereby request that the "lucky" attendants of the GSoC mentor summit
respect the Debian Meeting Sponsoring Guidelines available at:

  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/SponsoringGuidelines

It is just a matter of letting others know that you'll be going there as
a kind of "Debian representative", possibly asking for inputs before
going, and to inform others during and a posteriori as mentioned by
Arthur (also please remember that not everybody in Debian follow blogs,
so a dual blog/mail in the end will be appreciated by a lot of people in
the community).

BTW, Arthur, how about a concluding Debian GSoC report for d-d-a? As we
had one in the beginning, it just makes sense to have a final report…
.oO( maybe that can be coped with the notice of who will be going to the
summit on behalf of Debian )

Keep up the good work!
Cheers.

PS in case you wonder, I won't be able to attend as those days of
   October are incredibly crowded of FOSS-related events already (and
   I've done basically nothing anyhow for this year GSoC, so ...)

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams