[Soc-coordination] Regarding GSoC

Sukhbir Singh singheinstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:38:53 UTC 2010

Hello everyone.

I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this year and have
a project that pertains to the distribution of Debian over BitTorrent.This
is somewhat a solution to the problem posted on the Idea List page (
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/RobustBitTorrentInfrastructure)

I had written a technical paper about it, which explains in detail as to how
content distribution can be maximized in a BitTorrent download.

I won't say that it would be the solution to all your distribution problems,
but yes - if implemented, Debian would be able to reduce some of the
downtime/ congestion it suffers when using BitTorrent CDN.

If any mentor is interested, I can send over the paper; it has the idea
explained in detail.

--
Sukhbir