[Soc-coordination] Debian-installer on Debian GNU/Hurd as a GSoC project

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Thu Mar 18 23:45:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:15:15AM +0100, Jérémie Koenig wrote:
> I intend to apply as a GSoC student for porting debian-installer to
> the Hurd. I've started tinkering with busybox, as suggested on the
> ideas pages, and I will try to come up with a reasonably precise
> roadmap of the work needed in the coming weeks (I will post again on
> debian-boot and/or debian-hurd to request feedback when I do). Unless
> I'm mistaken, Samuel Thibault has already done some work and would be
> interested in mentoring such a project.

I'm glad to see this.  I mentored a failed project to do this a few
years ago; I would be very pleased to see one succeed.  (If you want the
details of that project - I'd done some work on it previously, and
written up where I got stuck, which provided a partial basis for the
student's work - I'd be happy to go and dig them out.)

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]