[Soc-coordination] Debian mailing lists archives as mbox (was: Re: Debian Teams Activity Metrics - Report IV) [Update]

Alexander Wirt formorer at formorer.de
Thu Aug 4 09:29:41 UTC 2011

Andreas Tille schrieb am Thursday, den 04. August 2011:

> > > Thanks for clarifying this.  Is this "we" == listmaster and if yes was
> > > this discussed somewhere?
> > Yeah with the listmaster alias. So there is no public trace of the
> > conversation.
>
> Perhaps I'm the only one but changing the policy of the project lists
> what information should be published and what not might deserve
> discussion inside some larger audience - at least debian-private comes
> to mind I would even think that debian-project is the right place to
> discuss.
>
> > > Just quoting myself from the mail you responded to:
> > >
> > >   I also regard the X-Spam fields  ...  usefull for other
> > >   purposes like further SPAM removals.
> > >
> > > I just know that Christian is behind better SPAM removal.
> > Yeah, but as the mboxes are not for public distribution that isn't important.
> > Christian itself has access on the mboxes via master.
>
> As far as I know it is not only Christian and if we really want to get
> more people involved into Debian (including non-technicans) tasks like
> cleaning up the list archive from SPAM might be somehow interesting.
Yeah, but I don't think that deserves publishing sensitive information.

Just my 2 cent

Alex

P.S. I know its nice to be open. But publishing real names and mailaddresses
is a problem and at least problematic under german law (and probably for
other countries).

P.P.S this is not an offical statement of the listmaster team.