[Soc-coordination] continuous ideas/tasks list

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Tue Dec 27 15:32:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 08:12:24PM +0100, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been searching in the Debian wiki whether there is a continuous/eternal
> page to collect ideas/tasks for junior programmers. It'd be better to write
> such ideas down when you have them and not call for them shortly before GSOC.
>
> If there isn't such a page yet, I'd start one. What would be a good name for
> this page? "TasksForJuniorContributors" ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
>
> Reminder for me:
> - Git Patch workflow tools
> - Generalize VimAddonManager for all packages that support addons
> - Make programs comply to http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-
> spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

Hi,

Are you asking about general ideas to get people started contributing to
Debian or possible GSoC projects?
In the first case, feel free to start the wikipage.
In the second, we should start a page for next year's GSoC but also it would
be good discussing the possible projects here to make sure they fit with
GSoC timeline, program time, Debian goals, etc.

Ana