[Soc-coordination] Google code-in 2010-11 report

"Steffen Möller" steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Feb 2 21:31:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

> I blogged about the Debian participation at the Google Code-in
> 2010-11, it is available at:
> http://ekaia.org/blog/2011/02/01/debian-at-the-google-code-in-2010-11/
>
> Thanks a lot to everybody who have participated!

nice read. For the next code in I suggest to think more about time zones. My icons student did not need much supervision. Here it did not matter. The BOINC student was very demanding to have immediate skype feedback and I indeed invested some 8 hours on a Sunday with him. And he thought this was normal. Him being at +7 hours basically rendered every further quick communication under the working week at evening hours rather difficult.

I will think more about it all for the next round.

Many greetings

Steffen