[Soc-coordination] Debian as a GSoC umbrella org?
Obey Arthur Liu
arthurliu at debian.org
Tue Feb 15 13:30:17 UTC 2011
I saw this land in my mailbox this morning:
That would mean running for GSoC with a separate "Debian Blends" org.
A few things I'd note:
- I believe getting accepted as a separate org is going to be very difficult
- We have so far largely avoided/not had many applications that are
not related to the core of Debian
An option to accommodate this would be to act as an umbrella org, much
like KDE does for example.
This has a few implications:
- We'd require admins for suborganizations and potentially more work
for core admins
- We'd need to split slots between suborganizations as ranking is
going to be done within suborganizations
- We might get more slots overall
- We'll cover a broader range of applications, with possibly less
connection with Debian core
What is you opinion ? Would this be beneficial to the GSoC
participation of Debian or would it be too much spread ?
More information about the Soc-coordination