[Soc-coordination] soc participation - jigsaw

Stan Ioan-Eugen stan.ieugen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:50:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

My name is Ioan Eugen Stan and I wish to participate at Google Summer
of Code working on packaging and integrating jigsaw (modular java) in
Debian.
The idea is not mine and is described here:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/Jigsaw .

First, I will like to say that I am a Debian user for about more than
2 years (linux user for about 5), and I have made some contributions
on l10n Romanian (release notes for Lenny and Squeeze and
po-debconfs). I know how a Debian package looks like and I have read
the new maint guide and some parts of the Debian policy. I have also
successfully built the jigsaw branch and I am getting up to speed with
the things required for accomplishing this task.

I think Debian is a great operating system and I love it. I don't know
much about what this project will involve besides packaging (and I'm
not sure how the packages are going to look like) but I know that man
pages, the mailing list and good documentation can do wonders. I want
to get more involved in Debian and I think this is a great
opportunity. I have started learning Java for some time and I like it.
This way I can do two things that I like at the same time.

Please consider my intention to apply for this project.
If you need more information about me I will be more than happy to offer them.

Regards,

--
Ioan-Eugen Stan