[Soc-coordination] Fwd: GSoC 2011 project APT/dpkg declarative diversions

Rahul Gaur rahul.nbg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:49:31 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rahul Gaur <rahul.nbg at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 02:26:31 +0530
Subject: GSoC 2011 project APT/dpkg declarative diversions
To: debian-mentors at lists.debian.org

Hi,
 I am pursuing bachelors in engineering and my majors is in Computer
Science.I am planning to apply for GSOC 2011 would like to work with Debian
over my summer vacations.
I've been using open source operating system since last 2 years and ever
since I went open-source there was no turning back .
I've learned C++ and java @ school .Now here in college i'm studying C and
Python(linux platform),getting a good grip of it and I'm
really fascinated by the python language as well as C is evergreen language.

Familiar with building softwares from the source code, using svn now here
 I'm seeking some guidance so that I can start contributing to the
OpenSource community.By the time with GSoC starts , I would be done with my
university exams and so I am interested in doing some C or Python based
project during my summer vacations.
Well among the several intriguing projects listed on the ideas page of GsoC
2011 , as  I  would like to get more informations about APT/dpkg declarative
diversions...

Awaiting reply

*Regards*
*Rahul Gaur*