[Soc-coordination] -news post about gsoc acceptance (?)

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Tue Mar 22 14:36:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:02:38PM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> IMHO, it makes a lot of more sense an announcement later when we have
> the list of accepted projects thus we have something to announce :)
> Right now what we need desperately is mentors and their proposals.

Fair enough, my idea was to announce *that we have been accepted*, which
is something to announce, but I would agree that we should not flood
debian-news with two gsoc-related announcements close one to another. If
you feel the debian-news should be used for the student applications,
that makes sense.

In the meantime though, if you feel you're short on projects ideas and
mentors, by all means go ahead with a blog post! (after all the call for
proposals is no news, so it could hardly be subject to spoiler issues).

Cheers.