[Soc-coordination] Disclosure of the Debian vouchings

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Thu Mar 24 14:19:47 UTC 2011

Hello,

This year, Google allowed the capabilities to help some smaller
organisations by vouching them.

As a matter of transparency, here is what we wrote:

------------
We would like to vouch for the OCaml organization. Many of their members
are well-known and respected Debian Developers. They have been working
in OCaml and Debian for years.
We are confident they have the reliability and knowledge to do a good
job as a GSoC participating organization.

We would also like to vouch for the Xapian organization. Many of their
members are well-known and respected Debian Developers. Furthermore,
Xapian technology is used by many Debian infrastructure tools and
applications and is important to us.
We are confident they have the reliability and knowledge to do a good
job as a GSoC participating organization.

Finally, we would like to also voucher the Coccinelle project
( http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/ ).
They are very serious, their project is used on a daily base by the
Linux Kernel and other software. At some point, we believe this project
will benefit to all the free software provided by Debian by running it
automatically on the archive.
We have no doubt this project will benefit from the Google Summer of
Code project.

Xapian has been accepted. Not the two others.

Please note that it has been a consensus among this year admins.

Cheers,
Sylvestre