[Soc-coordination] [debexpo-devel] GSoC project proposal: Developer Package Repositories

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sat Mar 26 08:34:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011, Thomas Koch wrote:

> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt:
>> Heya,
>>
>> i've already proposed the following last year, but it still seems to be
>> a needed feature:
>>
>> Mentor: Marc Brockschmidt
>>  temporary, non-official packages
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> isn't this the same goal as in debexpo[1]? I would be interested to work on
> debexpo this summer. Is there anyone who'd mentor me? What is the current
> roadmap of debexpo? I'm a Debian Maintainer.
>
> [1] http://debexpo.workaround.org/trac/

Hi there! I would mentor you, but you have to convince me that you're
really interested in the project/software. (-: Also, debexpo needs to grow
an effective community around it; you will have to be willing to work on
that with me, too!

One thing I will say is that if you successfully complete a summer of
working on debexpo, I will happily advocate you to be a Debian Developer.

There is no current roadmap I think but we can work to change that. It
would be an exciting task.

-- Asheesh.

--
Do not overtax your powers.