[Soc-coordination] GCi, task ideas and whatnot

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Sun Oct 30 19:08:40 UTC 2011

Charles Plessy <plessy at debian.org> writes:

> I would like to suggest the following time (that I have no time to mentor).
>
>   Write regression tests
>   ======================
[...]
>   Propose framework for automated testing Desktop and Web interfaces

While both of these sound good, and would be of great benefit to Debian,
but both of these tasks sound way too big for GCi. The students here are
13-17, who have fairly little time to finish a task and go for the
next.

Both of the tasks you proposed take much much longer than that. We'd
need small, quick & easy tasks, that do not require deeper understanding
of Debian, nor as much commitment as a desktop/web interface testing
framework would.