[Soc-coordination] Call for Projects & Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2012

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Wed Feb 22 12:50:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:18:45AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> This is a good idea, perhaps it would be worth an easy GSoC project to
> make it more visible: modify the BTS, the PTS and whatever else we can
> think of, to show gift tagged bugs more visibly. Also writing a few
> guidelines on what kind of bugs are appropriate for the tag would also
> help, something a bit more elaborate than what's on the wiki at the
> moment.
>
> What do you think?

I think it'd be totally worth to invest some time on making "easy hacks"
like approaches work for us. I'm not sure what that would mean in
practice, though. I've had for sometime on my TODO list to study the
experiences of other projects on how they maintain and advertise such
lists, to try copy in Debian best practices that work for others.

Haven't done so yet, I'm a bit at loss at defining the boundaries of the
GSoC project you suggest.  I still think it's a great idea, but I'm
unable to determine if it'd be something a GSoC student would be able to
work upon or not...

Any taker for trying to better define the scope of such a project?

Cheers.