[Soc-coordination] Report 2 - Improve Debian-Installer network setup

Sorina - Gabriela Sandu sandu.sorina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:50:26 UTC 2012

Hello!

Over the past two weeks I believe I have made some improvements, I am
now much more comfortable with what I do and with what I will do.

I have eventually finished my exams, it was quite a busy period, and I
still don't believe that I work at full capacity, but I will do my
best. As you can see from my blog post [1] a week and a half ago I was
not very content concerning how things were going.

Things are going better now, in the last week, I have done some
testing and I do believe that now I should not have anymore problems
with debconf and that I am on the right way. What I have tried was to
scan the wireless interface and list all the available networks names.
After that I have tried to do this while using debconf to display the
messages. Everything worked just fine for this part, but it took me a
while to figure out how to scan the interface.

I have done separate tests for cdebconf and scanning and after that
merged them into a third test, containing the scanning part with some
basic, very simple templates just to get an idea of how it
should/could look in the end. It's not in its final version yet, but I
think it will work.

I have pushed all my attempts into some personal repository on github,
but do not expect much, those are just some tests. You can find it
here [2].

In the next day I plan to integrate my changes into netcfg, initially
on a separate branch and if everything is ok, close #637128 [3].

[1] http://home-sorina.blogspot.ro/2012/06/almost-there.html
[2] https://github.com/sorinasandu/testing

Thanks,
Sorina