[Soc-coordination] project proposal: contributors portal

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Thu Mar 8 12:29:39 UTC 2012

Yet another project idea, still to be properly drafted and posted on the
wiki. Francesca Ciceri (Cc:-ed) has given quite some thought about it
and is aware of other people who might be interested in working on
it. We haven't secured a specific mentor yet, though. Francesca: would
you mind reminding us who are the other interested people? (I've already
forgot /o\)

Cheers.

Title: Debian contributors portal

  Since the early days, we used to have a page listing all the people
  making Debian http://www.debian.org/devel/people Today, the page is
  not as useful because: 1/ it mostly list teams and 2/ it does not list
  a whole lot of other contributors. The project proposal is to realize
  a website --- to be integrated into www.d.o --- that index the people
  who make Debian and detail their role in the project (DD, uploading or
  not, DM, translator, member of specific teams, etc.). The goal is give
  credit do who-does-what in Debian.

Contact: Francesca Ciceri + other people of www.d.o working on the
  matter (still to be contacted, though)

Requirement: familiarity with www.d.o infrastructure and with web