[Soc-coordination] how project are managed in GoSC?

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Wed Mar 28 15:33:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 05:24:06PM +0200, olivier sallou wrote:

> > > Should code be hosted in Alioth? and where in this case ? (new project
> > > creation?)>
> >
> > Yes, alioth sounds like a good place.
> >

> But do we usually create specific project in Alioth for this?

If it does not fit in any of the existing teams, yes. The choice of
tools and where the code is host is left to the preferences of the student
and mentor, so do as it fits better.

> > > Other things to know / to think about?
> > In the case of your project, I am concerned about the hosting issue.
> > We might end with a very good code but not hosting and the student will
> > feel her time was a waste.
> >

> As said ealier, I can host it in my academic premises, at least up to a
> certain capacity.

Yes, that might work during the development only.

> The Debian live team who propose a cgi script to create live images uses
> servers as well.

Have you contacted them?

> If the solution is a real success, I think we may find funds to support
> higher load.

In that case, you might want to contact DSA...