[Soc-coordination] Possible GSoC idea: Cloud images for bioinformatics.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Fri Feb 22 00:04:12 UTC 2013

Dear all,

2012 has been a year of progresses in Debian's support for clouds,
and Debian is planning to apply again to the Google Summer of Code.

    https://lists.debian.org/20130219002544.GA7036@leliel

I would like to propose a bottom-up project with the goal of setting an
infrastructure or workflow allowing one to build and use easily a Debian (Med)
image where given bioinformatics tools are available at a version selected by
the user (tapping in snapshots.debian.org or perhaps other repository within
our web of trust if necessary).

The project would be bottom-up in the sense that it would be up to the
prospective students to propose a sensible design, and that in the absence of
something convincing the project will not start (that is: I do not intend to
propose a top-down implementation design).

What do you think ?

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,