[Soc-coordination] Weekly Status Report 2 - scan-build the archive

Léo Cavaillé leo+debian at cavaille.net
Fri Jun 28 23:25:49 UTC 2013

Ahoi !

Here is a summary of my work for GSOC this week.

* Write some INSTALL/README files for the debuildme suite (debuild.me
web UI, ethel, lucy, fred & ricky. And yes to quote Paul "the code is a
bitch to setup right" !

* Test of several setups around debuild.me : python2.7/3.3, wheezy/sid,
debian packages/pip packages

* Begin to write scan-build wrapper for debuild.me

* A week ago the llvm-toolchain-snapshot continuous integration builds
began to fail [1]
I looked for the problem ... not so easy to find out..
The problem comes from a recent update of cloog into polly build.
polly tool in LLVM toolchain should compile with a given commit of
cloog/isl library. [2]
For now, it was compiling fine with the version packaged in
libcloog-isl-dev but polly developers are now using a newer version.
There is a script to fetch the good version of the lib, shipped with
polly. [3]
There are a few solutions to make the package work again :
1/ update libcloog-isl-dev in sid (with the git snapshot) with a risk to
break stuff
2/ package cloog/isl polly required version in a new package
3/ build libcloog-isl-dev when building the toolchain

I plan to reach the maintainers of libcloog-isl-dev next week with the
help of Sylvestre.

The program for next week is :
* Check with Paul if my install of debuild.me is fine and my
almost-finished INSTALL doc is right/useful.
* Finish to write scan-build wrapper for debuild.me
* Finish a commit for firehose including minimal modifications to fully
support scan-build plist output.

Cheers,

--
Léo