[Soc-coordination] GSoC Idea: Google Drive integration, need to find mentors

Cao Cuong NGO caocuong.ngo at telecom-paristech.fr
Fri Mar 8 09:05:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

Recently Google changed their Document List API to Google Drive API
including file storage and synchronization service.
They have an desktop integration app for that in PC and Mac but not
(yet) Linux.
Their client API exist in Java, Python, Objective-C,... but not C++.

My idea is to build an integration app of this service into Debian using
C++.
It will be included bypassing of OAuth2 authentication mechanism, which
I found messy,
to support a direct, basic login.

I'm currently working on a library which help LibreOffice connect to
Google Drive through CMIS wrapper
(you can found it in libcmis). It will/may be finished in a couple of
months.

I would love to find mentors on the subject who can help me with the UI
and packaging process since I'm not so
familiar on these matters.

Thanks a lot,
Cao-Cuong Ngo.