[Soc-coordination] SummerOfCode2013/Projects wiki page organization, (co-)mentors needed

Nicolas Dandrimont nicolas.dandrimont at crans.org
Mon Mar 11 19:33:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Some of you might have noticed some weird page movements on the wiki, that mail
should clear it all up:

Following some prospective student questions about which projects Debian would
be proposing this year, and some confusion that arose around the Projects wiki
page, I split it off in two sections: one for projects with confirmed
mentors/co-mentors, and one for projects without.  Hopefully, this will help us
better communicate to prospective students, and to prospective mentors :)

I initially split the two sections in two separate pages, but was advised
otherwise, as having all the projects on one page should help us secure enough
project slots from Google during the organization application period, opening
next week.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind all of us that projects without
mentors won't happen. While we're still early in the program, and staffing all
our projects is not critical yet, early bird students are looking at us already,
and if they can be sure that their projects of choice will happen, if they
really are motivated, they start working towards great proposals.

Having said that, please take a look at the Projects seeking mentors, and if you
think you could mentor one, please contact the advocates and add your name ASAP!
The more co-mentors you can find for your projects, the less work you will need
to do for it to succeed!

Thanks for your help in making GSoC happen in Debian.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont
 your GSoC wiki janitor/org admin of the day

BOFH excuse #350:
paradigm shift...without a clutch