[Soc-coordination] mentoring programs in Debian

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Wed Mar 13 03:54:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Ubuntu does https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek - a set of
> seminars on IRC to teach Ubuntu development. I'm not sure of how useful
> that is (I've never attended it) and if we should do it too. AFAIK we
> don't do that inside Debian. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

In Debian we mostly do continuous mentoring on all topics on the
debian-mentors IRC channel and mailing list rather than specific
sessions at specific times. I guess some folks learn better the other
way and might benefit better from specific sessions so it might be
interesting to do both. I'm not sure about the full week part though,
maybe something more continuous would be good.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise