[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure packaging final report

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 15:34:25 UTC 2013

Hello,

First a short summary of this week's work, which includes all the points
from last week that were meant to be done this week:
    +Fixed the tests and improved them covering even more code now.
    +Made lein_makepkg guess versions correctly.
    +Handle test dependencies as such (and ask the user if he wants
    them).
    +Better handling of errors.
    +Just like I mentioned last week, sent email to sponsors about the
    packages that are still waiting to be included in the archive.

A bit of what has been done during this summer:
This project meant to ease the process of maintaining Clojure packages
by creating a set of helper scripts similar to javahelper or
maven-debian-helper but more specific to Clojure needs. The program[1]
is the result of almost 400(312+64) commits and 1438 lines of code where
I've tried to apply my experience with javahelper and
maven-debian-helper. This experience I gained from packaging leiningen 2
dependencies, which turned out to be more than expected. As the result
of my packaging there are 9 packages in testing + 8 packages waiting for
sponsorship and 2 waiting for dependencies to be sponsored (19 packages).
Because of the amount of packages I'll be responsible for in the future
I began the process of becoming a DM, I'm currently waiting for my key
to be added to the DM keyring. Thanks to this project I have acquired a
great amount of knowledge related to debian packaging, Python and TDD.

I want to thank my mentor Wolodja for providing guidance throughout the
duration of this project, and making sure I didn't take any false steps,
Paul T for lending a hand reviewing and sponsoring all those packages,
and the friendly people from #debian-java and #debian-mentors for
answering all those questions and handing out advice.

As I have already mentioned I wish to continue being part of Debian so
you'll keep hearing from me through other channels :)

[1] https://github.com/Debian/clojurehelper

Kind regards,
Eugenio

--
Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza <eugeniocanom at gmail.com>

4096R/ 344C F5B4 0EBF 01C5 5739  CACC CD1C 4E73 AD6D 6F33