[Soc-coordination] Improvements to Debian search - Final report and summary
aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 19:26:46 UTC 2013
*Improvements to Debian Search - Final
Report and Summary
Mentors : Olly Betts and Dan Colish
- I am happy to tell you that I have successfully implemented two
expansion schemes along with tests and documentation and have worked on
the code reviews a lot and it is now ready to be merged.
- So, the work I did in GSOC includes :
- DFR weighting schemes in Xapian
- Writing of tests and documentation for the schemes.
- Implementing a new mechanism and base class for query expansion.
- Writing omega code for all the new weighting schemes
- Implementing two query expansion schemes in Xapian.
- Writing tests and documentation for the entire documentation mechanism.
- Working on the code reviews a lot.
- Have got all DFR schemes merged.
- The query expansion mechanism is ready to be merged.
- My mentor and I will start testing and deploying the new schemes on
- Very soon, the new debian search will be up and running. :)
- Implemented omega code for the entire new query expansion mechanism.
This has been a great experience for me and the education of a lifetime. I
sincerely thank my mentors and admins and assure you that both Xapian and
Debian have found a long term contributor. I have been with Xapian and open
soucre for nine months now and it has been a very rewarding journey.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Soc-coordination