[Soc-coordination] week 9

Juliana Louback juliana.m.louback at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:18:38 UTC 2014

Status report - WebRTC portal for the Debian community

Week 6

This week began with a video conference hosted by Yehuda Korotkin, a tech
professor at one of Israel's leading colleges for women. During this
conference, Shauna Gordon-McKeon and I talked to the girls in Yehuda's
class, introducing them to the world of open source and showing them why
it's great to contribute and how they can go about it. The virtual meet up
also included a practical component where I helped the girls set up Git,
taught them some basic commands and how to do a pull request. As a result,
Yehuda's class made their first pull request: A Hebrew translation for
JSCommunicator!

A more extensive description of our video conference can be found at
http://julianalouback.com/non-tech/2014/07/16/become-an-open-source-contributor/.
That leads to another bit of news, I (finally) got my blog up and running
and submitted my first posts.

I've been working a lot on the jscommunicator xtuple extension, I will be
pushing the new code shortly (see
https://github.com/JLouback/xtuple-extensions) adding sip account
information to the UserAccount business object in XTuple. I'm also looking
into packaging the repro server into the xtuple-server package, so the
installation can be done seamlessly.

My best,
Juliana