[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 10

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:01:55 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 10

This week I have packaged two more elementary programs, namely:
 * Slingshot, the application launcher for Pantheon. See
https://mentors.debian.net/package/slingshot-launcher
 * The Pantheon greeter for LightDM, see
https://mentors.debian.net/package/pantheon-greeter

Packaging the greeter involved fixing some installation paths in upstream
packaging. My changes were accepted and merged into trunk, see
https://code.launchpad.net/~shnatsel/pantheon-greeter/install-to-sbin/+merge/228358
for more info.

I have also attempted updating the CMake modules used in the greeter, but
that caused some unexpected fallout, so the merge has been postponed. See
https://code.launchpad.net/~elementary-pantheon/pantheon-greeter/update-cmake-modules/+merge/228366
for more info.

Finally, this week "libunity" package was rejected from the NEW queue by
FTP masters - I was foolish enough to assume that Canonical maintains
reasonable copyright information for their own packages.
I've re-uploaded it with the (hopefully) proper copyright information and
included my patch for
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755054 as well.

Regards,
--