[Soc-coordination] [Report][Week #7] Archive build with asan

Mohit Bhakkad mohit.bhakkad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:11:10 UTC 2015

This is report for work of week #7:

- Unable to do much significant work in this week,
  as there was some issue with my internet connection.
- I have written a simple script[1], which installs packages from
  our collection of binaries, and executes it to check if any run
  time failure is there.
- I was trying it in a chroot environment, but asan is giving issues
  related to memory maps, as sanitizers contain hardcoded range
  of memory maps.
- So I am running it on my local setup, but checking only for packages
  which are not already installed, as I don't want to mess around with
  my setup.
- Here[2] are 121 compile-time failures from first build.
- Out of these 121, some fails due to clang, which are listed here[3].
- I am logging run time failures here[4].

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mohit7/Debian-ASan/master/runtime_check.sh
[2]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Mohit7/Debian-ASan/master/compiletime_failures.log