[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 8 Report: Android Tools in Debian

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:53:49 UTC 2015

After working on android-platform-system-core package, I found that if
platform/system/core and platform/system/extra is separated packages
there will be circular dependencies. Therefore I merge them into one
single package: android-platform-system, which is currently hosted on
GitHub (https://github.com/seamlik/android-platform-system).
android-platform-system also includes a copy of AndroidConfig.h from
platform/build, which also solves circular dependency because
android-platform-build also has binary packages that build-depends on
android-platform-system's libcutils.

Working on fastboot makefiles I found that it depends on some inner
libraries of some external projects, the uuid library from e2fsprogs
and two specific functions from f2fs-tools. The libraries fastboot
requires are not built by neither Debian packages, and they are not
official upstream libraries so it's much easier to create another
android package "android-platform-external" (hosted on
<https://github.com/seamlik/android-platform-external>) which includes
f2fs-tools and e2fsprogs. Later on we will contact their original
Debian maintainers and see how we can deal with the situation.

The following is my previous reports:
* Week 1: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-May/002462.html>
* Week 2: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-June/002482.html>
* Week 3: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2015-June/002509.html>