[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 8 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Alkmim galkmim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:05:01 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the project "Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In
few words, the objective of this project is to fix broken packages of
Debian port on mipsel, so that the quality of debian in these architectures
can be improved.

An online repository with all the relevant files of the project can be
found here [1].

I started the Week 8 trying to upgrade my ci20 kernel to the latest version
of the repository. The factory was on version revision 00096 and the
repository on version 12465. Unfortunately, I got an invalid kernel format
as soon as I boot the ci20. I spent the rest of the week trying to make it
work with the new kernel. In the end of the week I was able to make it up,
with the help of the GPIO uart mapping.

I did not have any progress in bugs, since I was focused on make the ci20
board working again.

Sorry for this inconvenience. Now that the kernel is up and running, I will
be able to continue the work on the following weeks.

Next week:
   - Ask maintainers about bugs #788680, #790327 and #788801 .
   - Open new bugs for still broken packages.

Cheers,

Gustavo Alkmim

[0]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim