[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 2 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Alkmim galkmim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:06:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the project "Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In
few words, the objective of this project is to fix broken packages of
Debian port on mipsel, so that the quality of debian in these architectures
can be improved.

Below is a summary of what I did last week:

   - Set up an online repository [1] with the files related with this
   project. Sorry, I am using port 3000 because I'm having problems on accept
   external connections to port 80 on my router. I will try to fix that next
   week.

   - Made a crawler script to give me the broken packages from buildd [2].

   - Opened bug #787844 [3] for package kafkacat version 1.2.0-1. The
   problem was that dh_auto_clean was calling the makefile before its
   dependencies has being generated. I worked on a patch [4] and sent it to
   the bug thread [5]. The bug was closed [6]. I would like to thanks the
   maintainer Vincent Bernat (in copy) which was very responsiveness.

   - Opened bug #787862 [7] for package pdf-presenter-console version
   4.0.0-1. In the buildd, the error found in the logs was a Singal 11
   (segmentation fault) from cmake. I tried to reproduce the bug several times
   on my CI20 board, but I got a successful build every time. I Suggested to
   re-run the build on buildd in the bug thread [8]. Got no answer from
   maintainer so far. Bug is still opened.

According to the original schedule [0] this week was to focus on fixing
bugs. So, we are up-to-date with the schedule.

Next steps:
   - Keep working on bug #787862.
   - Open new bugs for still broken packages and fix then.

Cheers,

Gustavo Alkmim

[0]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim