[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 3 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Prado Alkmim alkmim at ic.unicamp.br
Sun Jun 14 08:17:39 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the project "Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In
few words, the objective of this project is
to fix broken packages of Debian port on mipsel, so that the quality of
debian in these architectures can be improved.

An online repository with all the relevant files of the project can be
found here [1].

Below is a summary of what I did last week:

   - Opened bug #788323 [2] for package snoopy version 2.3.1-1. The problem
   was that override_dh_auto_configure use aclocal command from the package
   automake. The automake was no included in the build-dependencies. I worked
   on a patch [3] and sent it to the bug thread [4. Unfortunately the
   Maintainers did not answered me yet. Bug is still opened.

   - Bug #787862 [5] of package pdf-presenter-console version 4.0.0-1 was
   built again on buildd and it built fine [6]. I asked the maintainer to
   close the bug on message [7]. Bug was closed on message [8].

   - Opened bug #788680[9] for package openni version 1.5.4.0-12. I
   investigated the problem during this weak and I found that the upstream
   does not support the mips architecture. I'm working on a patch. I found the
   patch for the powerpc arch on a bug [10]. I'm going to use it as
   guidance.

According to the original schedule [0] this week was to focus on fixing
bugs. So, we are up-to-date with the schedule.

Next steps:
   - Keep working on bug #788680.
   - Open new bugs for still broken packages.

Cheers,

Gustavo Alkmim

[0]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim