[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 3 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:13:40 UTC 2015

This week we completed two major task, building and testing of Groovy and
Gradle. I have
successfully build the package for Groovy 2.4.3 and have tested it on my
machine. Besides
this my colleague Kai-Chung have also finished packaging of Gradle 1.12.

Some of problems that encountered during building:

1. Building Groovy was taking too much time.

2. Some of files were not getting deleted during clean task. It took some
time to figure
    out that files were recreated during dh_clean. Overiding of dh_clean
rule solved the issue

3. Initially I was building package in chroot but for testing groovysh and
groovyConsole tools
  GUI environment was required, so I had to switch to virtualbox.