[Soc-coordination] Debsources as a platform weekly report #1

Orestis Ioannou orestis at oioannou.com
Sat May 30 17:06:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

This is my #1 weekly report on my Summer of Code project 'Debsources as
a platform'
You can view commits on alioth [1] or pull requests on github [2].
Kanban board with my per week tasks is available on trello [3].

TL;DR
--------------------

I reviewed the copyright spec file, refactored the existing navigation
code and implemented the browsing of d/copyright files for the copyright
tracker.

Review copyright tracker spec file
---------------------

My first task was to review and amend (when necessary) the existing
specification file of the copyright tracker. Its current state is
available at alioth [4]. More modifications are subject to arise as I
pick new tasks.

Refactor navigation code
---------------------

Since the current  web app (sources.d.n) and the future ones
(copyright.d.n patch.d.n) will share the same url schemes (navigate by
prefix, list all packages, navigate through package versions etc) and
design, it is natural that they share the base code as well. So the
second task was to refactor the sources Blueprint to make the navigation
code reusable. This is addressed at the PR#4.

Browse d/copyright files
---------------------

Next task was to use the aforementioned navigation code in the copyright
Blueprint to create the routes and views for browsing d/copyright files.
I submitted a pull request (PR#5) and it is pending review.

Next week
---------------------

As illustrated on the Kanban board next week, I'll mostly focus on
rendering the d/copyright files and take my hands off the keyboard for
some time to read and research the SPDX license format [5].

Thanks for reading,

Orestis

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/qa/debsources.git
[2] https://github.com/Debian/debsources/pulls