[Soc-coordination] GSoC Week 1 Report: Android Tools in Debian

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:25:28 UTC 2015

This is the starting week of Google Summer of Code 2015. We have arranged 2
meetings on debian-java channel on irc.debian.org and concluded that first
we need to update the Gradle package to 2.4. Currently I am working on
Gradle, and Komal Sukhani is working on Groovy because Gradle 2.x uses
Groovy 2.3.10.

Unlike most eastern universities, in China and Taiwan we have only 2
semesters every year and I am not in summer vacation right now, so my
progress might be slower than other GSoC students. My vacation won't come
until the midterm evaluation.

In the first week I succeeded in performing a "clean" task with Gradle on
the Gradle project after refreshing patches and adding new ones. The major
modifications to the original source code is to make the build scripts use
local jar files and copy come codes from the Gradle source to the buildSrc
for buildSrc uses new APIs that does not exist in Gradle 1.5.

Next week I will focus on packaging Bintray client for Java because Gradle
uses this library to support JCenter repositories. After that I will start
packaging Zinc, an incremental Scala compiler supported by Gradle, or I
will choose to keep it disabled.
--
/*
* 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan