[Splashy-devel] Splashy Limitations

Luis M Luis M <lemsx1@gmail.com>
Mon, 2 May 2005 02:38:13 -0400

we will overcome this in 0.2 when splashy gets initramfs support.

also, once we compile splashy statically, you will be able to put it
in your initrd.gz file and run it as any other application. this
should be a no brainer.

On 5/1/05, raid517 <raid517@fairadsl.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, the problem I have with splashy is that it doesn't seem to kick in
> until after my initrd is loaded. Since I have a fairly large initrd of
> about 4MB, this can sometimes take several seconds to work, and can give
> the impression that splashy doesn't work until half way through the
> booting process. The old bootsplash way of doing it patched the initrd,
> so that the bootsplash was called very early on in the booting process -
> so this problem was never evident.
>=20
> But as splashy promised 'no patching', it is hard to see how it will
> overcome this.
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> GJ
>=20
>=20

--=20
Luis M
System Administrator
Kiskeyix.org=20

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html